2617 White Mountain Highway
North Conway Village, NH
OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG PROFESSIONALS IN THE VALLEY:
2019 STUDENT DEBT ASSISTANCE APPLICATION
2019 THRIVE APPLICATION
2019 STUDENT ENTREPRENEUR AWARD NOMINATION
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT DEBONY SALON
STAY MWV Mission:
To attract and retain a vibrant and engaged young professional presence in the Mt Washington Valley
Click to watch Brendon William's interview on White Mountains TV!
Babson Graduates Going Home To Help
The MWV Young Professional Network was established in 2007 to offer opportunities and resources for the Valley's young professionals to connect with their peers and get involved in the community. The efforts of STAY MWV to encourage them to establish themselves in Mt Washington Valley, NH began in 2016.
With a razor sharp mission of providing opportunities, advocacy and financial assistance for young professionals the STAY MWV Committee has established a strong program of work which includes:
1. Establish and fundraise for the Student Debt Scholarship.
2. Implement and serve on the Governor's Millennial Advisory
Council in an effort to advocate for the needs of young
professionals wishing to make their home in NH.
2018 Annual Report
2017 Annual Report,
3. Provide opportunities for young professional entrepreneurs to
receive mentoring and financial assistance through:
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program through the
State of NH Community College workforce development
Student Entrepreneur of the Year - awarded to a
student 21 or under or a student group who:
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity in business for real world application
- Demonstrates a vision with a plan to grow a business that fills a community or market-place need
- Is persistent, committed and follows through on commitments made
Past Recipients include:
2018 Kiwanis Club
2015 HJC Mobil Diesel & Welding Repair Hayden Cyr
2014 Trenton's Lawn Care Services Trenton L'Heruex
2013 SMILE Lip Gloss Logan Leavitt
2012 Tyler's Snowplowing
Contact Trevor Sullivan for information
4. Local advocacy among the 28 communities that make up the
Mt Washington Valley area.
5. Board service referrals for graduates of Leadership MWV.
Please feel free to review the roster below when looking for new
board members and contact them through their email.
RESOURCES FOR THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
- STAY WORK PLAY New Hampshire
- STAY MWV MINUTES
JESSICA WRIGHT NAMED TO 2018 UNION LEADER
40 UNDER 40
137 young professionals have graduated from Leadership MWV. Many of them currently serve on many of the non-profit boards serving Carroll County, NH and Oxford County, Maine.
The STAY MWV Committee meets on the first Monday of every month at 5:30 PM at the chamber office and invites anyone interested to attend. Please contact Jessica Wright to confirm.
The committee is established under the MWVPA 501C3 and is comprised of the following people:
Jessica Wright, Chair '16 Upper Saco Valley Land Trust
Amanda Beegle 15' Gamwell, Caputo, Kelsh and Celso
Kara Couture '16 Carroll County YMCA/Camp Huckins
Heather Clement '17 Chalmers Insurance Group
Rachel Hyam, White Mountain Dental
Trevor Sullivan '17 White Mountain Hotel
Ace Tarberry '18 AMSCO
Patrick Lord '18 Northern Extremes Snowmobiling & Utility
*number after the name indicates the year they graduated from
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE
Contact Jessica Wright if your local scholarship program would like to get involved.
Fundraisers supporting the Student Debt Assistance
Ongoing Leadership Graduates Appeal
Fundraisers supporting the THRIVE stipend and mentoring program:
Take a chance on this great package donated by
MWV Career & Technical Center
- Graphic Arts: One hour on-location or in-studio professional photo shoot (can be a person, product, business, etc.) with full, free access to photos upon completion. $400
- Teacher Education: Free tuition for one child at Little Eagle's Summer Camp (must be 3-5 years old and potty trained). $100
- Health Science: Two hours instruction and use of our Virtual Reality studio (we have many fascinating medical films (travel through the brain, heart, etc.) and Google Earth among others). $100
- Building Trades: One Adirondack Chair $125
- Building Trades: Six wooden pens $20 each = $120
- Business Education: One hour of labor from two Business Ed students to assist with any type of project (business/office related). $30
- Automotive Technology: One oil change $35 (synthetic oil)
- Marketing Education: One KHS sweatshirt and ball cap designed by marketing students (any size available). $35
- Computer Science: One hour consultation on creating an app for your business. $30
- Culinary Arts: One large platter from Culinary (choice of an assorted pastries platter; cheeses, crudites, dip and crackers platter; or, fresh fruit board with ricotta blend, homemade granola and wildflower honey.) Large platter serves 8-10 people. $50
- CADD: Design your own personalized magnet or Christmas ornament to be made in our 3-D printer. $25
JESSICA WRIGHT NAMED TO UNION LEADER 40 UNDER 40
120 young professionals have graduated from Leadership MWV. Many of them currently serve on many of the non-profit boards serving Carroll County, NH and Oxford County, Maine.
Please feel free to review the roster below when looking for new board members and contact them through their email.
Scholarships are supported by:
North Conway Rotary Club - $1,000
MWV Kiwanis - $1,500 reserved for an educator
Mountain Garden Club - $1,000 reserved for professionals pursuing a career in environmental endeavors, farming, advocacy for protecting our outdoor landscapes
Conway Area Lions Club - $1,000
STAY MWV - fundraising efforts supplement above levels