North Conway Public Library
2719 White Mountain Hwy (Main St.)
North Conway Village, NH
Your Neighborhood Library- Mount Washington Valley's Free Library
The North Conway Public Library is a privately funded library that is free and open to the public.
We look and act like a regular public library but we receive no regular money from the town, state, or federal government. Our major sources of funding are fundraisers, donations, and bequests. But we are open to ALL, just like any public library.
The library is large enough to offer its patrons a broad selection, and small enough to respond to the individual (reading) needs and preferences of its users.
It was founded in 1887 and is still serving the residents of North Conway and ALL the communities in the Mount Washington Valley.
Residents of the following towns are eligible for a free library card: North Conway, Conway, Center Conway, South Conway, Kearsarge, Redstone, Intervale, Glen, Bartlett, Jackson, Hale’s Location, Hart’s Location, Chatham, Albany, Eaton, Madison.
Please bring proof of residency or a tax bill.
Non-resident cards are available for $20 per year per family.
- Books for children & adults,
- Books on CD,
- Downloadable E-Books and Audiobooks,
- Board Games,
- Local History & Genealogy Collection,
- Computers for free high-speed internet access
- Wi-Fi 24/7
- Downloadable Audiobooks and eBooks 24/7
- Online Catalog- to reserve & renew 24/7
- Tablets & E-readers for loan
- Kill-A-Watt Energy Meter for loan
- Fun & informative programs
- Story time for children in the summer
- Gigantic annual Book & Bake Sale - 2nd weekend of July
- Bike for Books- a mountain bike event in the fall (foliage!)
- Gala Night - event in fall/winter
- And much, much more...
Tuesday 10-5 pm
Wednesday 12-6 pm
Thursday 12-6 pm
Friday 12-5 pm
Saturday 10-1 pm