Mt Washington Valley, NH offers famiy-friendly festivals and events all summer
Good news from Mt Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce – June 4, 2018
Contact: Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331, PR@MtWashingtonValley.org
FAMILY-FRIENDLY SUMMER FESTIVALS AND EVENTS FILL THE CALENDAR IN MT WASHINGTON VALLEY, NH
North Conway, NH – Throughout the spring and summer months, Mt Washington Valley welcomes thousands of families with plenty of incentives to visit this scenic corner of the White Mountains. Surrounded by 770,000 acres of White Mountain National Forest, the hiking, biking, waterfall tours, nature walks, scenic drives, rivers and valley vistas attract those who love the outdoors. And with more than 150 lodging properties, 75 restaurants, dozens of family attractions and more than 200 tax-free shops, boutiques and outlets, there’s plenty of reasons to plan a vacation in the Valley. Add in a full calendar of family-oriented and adventure sports festivals, and there’s even more of a reason to plan at least one visit to the Valley in the next few months.
The Mt Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce maintains a comprehensive schedule of events, live performances, cultural and musical concerts, and more. Simply click here (http://mtwashingtonvalley.org/events/events-all.cfm) or visit www.MtWashingtonValley.org and click on the calendar button at the top of the nav bar. The calendar offers a monthly in-depth view of all the events in the Valley and allows those planning for future getaways to check what’s happening during their visits too.
And when it comes to family-friendly, Mt Washington Valley offers events and festivals for everyone!
June 17: Father’s Day Specials in Mt Washington Valley
Dads are VIPs and receive special bonuses and discounts at these Mt Washington Valley businesses:
- Dads get $5 off the gate at Story Land on June 17th.
- Dads golf free at Bretton Woods. Dad’s green fees are free on Sunday, June 17th with accompanying paying player! Special is subject to opening day of Golf Center. Reservations are required; call 603-278-4653 to set up a tee time!
- Dads fly free on Bretton Woods Canopy Tour. Treat Dads to a complimentary Canopy Tour on Sunday, June 17th with the purchase of an accompanying full-price Canopy Tour. Based on availability and space is limited - call 603-278-4ZIP (4947) to make your reservation today!
- Dads play free at Cranmore Mountain Resort. Purchase an All-Day Play Pass, Mountain Adventure Park Pass or Aerial Adventure Park Pass and Dad gets a Complimentary ticket for the same product purchased. Plus, free scenic chairlift rides for everyone! (Must visit ticket office first for complimentary ticket).
- On June 17, Dad rides free in Coach on the Conway Scenic RR when accompanied by one or more of his children. Dad rides free in First Class when accompanied by another paying adult. Complimentary appetizers served on board our First-Class Parlor Car, the Gertrude Emma.
- Dads play free at Attitash Mountain Resort: All Dads score a free Attitash Attractions Park Ticket with the purchase of one for their child(ren) at the window on Sunday, June 17.
June 26: The Great Race at Mt Washington Auto Road
The Mt. Washington Auto Road will host a lunch stop on the 2018 Hemmings Motor News Great Race, the world’s premiere old car rally, with the first car rolling into the base area of the Auto Road starting at 12:15 PM. In total, the participants in the event will cover more than 2,300 miles in 9 days, starting at the Pierce Arrow Museum in Buffalo, New York on June 23, and finishing on July 1 in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Each stop on the Great Race is free to the public, and spectators will be able to visit with the participants and to look at the cars for several hours while they’re parked at the base area. It’s common for kids to climb in the cars for a first-hand look, so this is an exciting event for families and car-buffs alike.
June 30, 2018: 5th Annual North Conway Strawberry Festival
Come celebrate strawberry season with summertime treats for the family including Strawberry Smoothies, Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate, Hotdogs and Chips for sale. From 11:00am – 4:00pm, enjoy music, games, strolling magician, display of antique cars/wagons, and more during this free festival. There’ll be a raffle, local crafters and a White Elephant Table. All proceeds will benefit the community programs of Vaughan Services including the Food Pantry and affordable daycare. Free admission. Bring the family to this uniquely Americana and delicious festival!
July 1 – 4: July 4th Celebrations throughout Mt Washington Valley:
- July 1: Fireworks in Jackson Village Park at approximately 9:00pm
- July 1 – 4: Independence Day in Gorham Village: Four days of events including live performances, car shows, foods, family games, fireworks and many different parades. They call this the longest July 4th celebration in the country! Four days of all-American family fun.
- July 4: Independence Day “Americana” celebration at Cranmore Mountain Resort: Cranmore’s base area will be transformed into the All-American backyard barbeque with live music from Shark Martin, brews on tap, lawn games, fresh from the grill burgers and hot dogs, and friendly competition. Look for various family-style competitions throughout the day with fun prizes for the winners. Admission is FREE (with exception of food and beverage & attractions). Adventure Park/Aerial Adventure tickets may be purchased in addition.
- July 4: Fireworks in Schouler Park: North Conway’s traditional July 4th fireworks at 9:30pm. Ride the Conway Scenic RR Firecracker Express and park in Conway.
Wildcat is adding nine holes to now offer an 18-hole Disc Golf Course. To celebrate, up to 56 enthusiasts can participate in an amateur tournament from 11:00am-1:00pm. Prizes, great views and fun competition.
July 7: Art in Bloom: A walking tour of art interpretations
Starting at 10:00am, the Mountain Garden Club members find a piece of art to interpret through flowers and set up their exhibits at the many featured locations within walking distance of Jackson Village (parking is available at all locations). This is a free event, the Mountain Garden Club's Gift to the Valley. Pick up maps at the Jackson Public Library, the Jackson Historical Society, or the Whitney Community Center. Refreshments will be available from 11:00am-3:00pm till 3 at the Whitney. Look for a demonstration of floral interpretation of art at 11:30am, also at the Whitney Community Center.
July 10, 17, 24, 31, August 7, 14, 21- Free Movies on the Green at Settlers Green
Come for the shopping and the yard games, face painting, weekly special guests and music beginning at 6:00p.m. Then grab a seat in one of the comfy chairs provided by Settlers Green or bring your own and get ready for a free, family-friendly movie that starts at dark!
July 13-15 & July 20-22: Day out with Day out with Thomas™ at Conway Scenic RR
Day Out With Thomas™ is a family event that offers aspiring engineers and their families the opportunity to ride with the classic storybook engine, Thomas the Tank Engine™ at regional heritage railroads across the country, including the Conway Scenic Railroad. The ticket price for ages 2+ is $22.00 and includes a ride with Thomas, a visit with Sir Topham Hatt, continuously running motorcar rides, live entertainment, barrel car rides, bouncy houses, mini-golf, and an awesome Imagination Station with Thomas play tables, temporary tattoos, face painting, arts & crafts and more. This is a fun-filled day the whole family will enjoy! There are two “Autism-friendly” departures on both Sundays of the event. For more information, please click here.
July 17 – Aug: Arts Jubilee Concerts at Cranmore Mountain Resort
Bring friends and family plus your own picnic blanket or lawn chairs and enjoy a family-friendly concert under the stars. Each event includes an early concert by area performers starting at 6:00pm followed by the featured main performance at 7:00pm. Concerts are presented outdoors (rain or shine) in nature's beautiful setting with mountain views at the base of the north slope at Cranmore Mountain Resort. Admission: Adults: $12, Seniors: (65 and up) $10, Students: $5, Children (12 and under): free.
- July 19: Roomful of Blues
- July 26: Carbon Leaf
- August 2: Seacoast Wind Ensemble and Fireworks
- August 9: Live at the Fillmore, An Allman Brothers Band Tribute
- August 16: Steve Kelly & the Cherry Cherry Band
July 27 – August 5: Back to School Mall-Wide Tent Sale at Settlers Green
Headlined by New Balance Factory Store, jump start your back-to-school list and discover tax-free summer clearance bargains at Settlers Green. Shop Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 27-29 and Friday, Saturday and Sunday August 3-5 at the tent and sidewalk sales. Some stores may carry sales throughout the week (July 30-August 2); this varies by store. Clearance pricing and back-to-school deals abound, so this is the time to start planning that new school wardrobe.
August 4, 2018: 7th Annual Blueberry Festival at Attitash Mountain Resort
Join in the fun Saturday, August 4, 2018 from 10am to 6pm for the 7th Annual Blueberry Fest. This event includes a Cornhole Tournament, Face Painting by Mt Washington Valley Children's Museum, Blueberry Pie Baking Contest, Blueberry Pie Eating Contest, and an assortment of Blueberry BBQ, treats, and elixirs, all topped off with a live band. It is free to attend, although Attitash Resort Summer Attractions Park Tickets are an additional cost. This is a rain or shine event. In the case of poor weather, all activities and entertainment will be held inside the Main Base Lodge.
To learn more about the great places to stay, play, dine and shop in Mt Washington Valley, go to www.MtWashingtonValley.org or call 800-367-3364 (900-DO-SEE-NH). There you’ll find all the resources to plan the ideal White Mountains vacation. To learn more about visiting New Hampshire, go to www.VisitNH.gov.
# # #
Photos available at the Mt Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce online Flickr photo gallery.