North Conway and Mt Washington Valley businesses receive multiple awards in winter 2016-17
News from Mt Washington Valley, NH – February 2, 2017
Contact: Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331, firstname.lastname@example.org
NORTH CONWAY SCORES MULTIPLE AWARDS AS A “COOL” MOUNTAIN SPORTS TOWN
North Conway, NH – When it comes to handing out kudos for cool winter towns, North Conway is on the list more often than not. Known by National Geographic as one of the 25 best ski towns worldwide, North Conway’s 13 ski resorts and XC Centers, abundant snowmobile trails, renowned ice climbing terrain and winter hiking and fat tire biking options make it a playground for the active winter sports enthusiast. Even those in search of softer options like skating, sleigh rides and dogsledding will find multiple options near North Conway in this winter playground within the White Mountains. The numerous options to get outside and play, coupled with the scenic beauty of Mt Washington Valley, have earned North Conway and the surrounding environs wide acclaim. In the 2016-17 ski season alone, North Conway and the surrounding Mt Washington Valley along with its businesses and ski resorts have racked up the following awards.
- Mt Washington Valley named among the 12 Best Places to Spend Christmas by JohnnyJet.com
- Country Inns in the White Mountain’s Mt Washington Valley Cookie Tour named among the top 10 New England Celebrations by Yankee Magazine’s NewEnglandToday.com.
- For the second year in a row, North Conway was named among the top five ski towns in the USA Today/10 Best Ski Towns awards.
- For the second year in a row, Jackson Ski Touring Foundation was included on the top ten Cross Country Resorts list created by USA Today/10 Best.
- GoBankingRates.com, a popular personal finance resource, included Mt Washington Valley in their round-up of 15 Scenic Winter Destinations You Must See Before You Die.
- Parents.com named Santa’s Village among the top 22 Holiday Places to Take the Kids.
- Cranmore Adventure Park was included in the 5 Best Tubing Parks list compiled by Yankee Magazine.
- North Conway was included on Country Living Magazine’s list of Best Mountain Towns for Winter Activities.
- Both Wildcat and Bretton Woods took honors in the Best in Snow Overall (in North America) Awards on Liftopia.com, a popular ski site. Mt Washington Valley was the only region in the country with two ski resorts on this list.
- NewEnglandToday, Yankee’s online newsletter included North Conway in their list of Prettiest New England Mountain Towns.
- North Conway was included in Fodor’s list of Six Wonderful Getaways in New England.
- BedandBreakfast.com, the most comprehensive directory of inns and B&Bs worldwide, included both Bernerhof Inn and Inn at Ellis River on its list of Top Six Best Ski Inns.
- North Conway named among the top 30 small towns for winter sports by Top Value Reviews.
With all these regional and national distinctions, it’s no wonder that those who live in Mt Washington Valley are mighty proud of their region. The place that takes honors on so many lists of great vacation destinations they get to call home.
Next time it comes to choosing the ideal getaway location, think North Conway and the surrounding Mt Washington Valley! For complete vacation planning resources, visit www.MtWashingtonValley.org or call 1-800-DO-SEE-NH (800-367-3364). To plan your New Hampshire vacation go to www.VisitNH.gov.
# # #
For complete photo options visit the Mt Washington Valley online photo gallery here.