Calling all food and travel writers to visit Mt Washington Valley for Chili and Chocolate
A Foodie Tour: Chili and Chocolate, Oh my!
Mt Washington Valley, with North Conway, NH at its center, is known for many things. It’s a skiing Mecca, with 13 ski resorts and XC Centers and a golf destination with 11 golf courses. Many like to think of it as a fabulous shopping destination offering up tax-free shopping too. But did you know that Mt Washington Valley is also a fantastic find for foodie fanatics! From martinis to meat-filled or meatless, and from gastro-gorgeous to gluten free, this region offers up plenty of stories for those interested in food and travel.
Mt Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce invites food and travel writers to visit the region on the biggest foodie weekend of the year. Saturday, February 27th is the annual Chilly Chili Stroll, a sanctioned chili contest with a community twist. You’ll taste chili from throughout the region served up in from costumed restauranteurs. Would you like to be a judge? We’re on the lookout for one.
Then, on Sunday, February 28th, strap on the XC skis or snowshoe and visit inns and businesses along the trails of Mt Washington Valley XC Ski and Snowshoe Foundation for chocolate treats during the 27th annual Chocolate Festival. Known by many as the 'Sweetest Day on the Trails", this may be the only day of the year when chocolate indulgence is totally guilt-free! Chocoholics cross country ski or snowshoe the trails to enjoy chocolate prepared every way imaginable.
But there’s more!
- Learn about the Valley Originals, a community-wide organization of independent restauranteurs who’ve successfully branded eating small and eating local while contributing more than $300,000 to the community.
- Visit specialty food purvayors, and learn about the largest provider of New England based specialty foods located right in the heart of North Conway.
- Who knew there was a winery right in the heart of the Valley? Learn how the gift of Mt Washington Valley based wine can be created with customized labels.
- Take a tasting tour of some of Mt Washington Valley’s finest restaurants, microbreweries, chocolateurs and more.
- And lest we forget, how about a tasty spa treatment?
We’ll provide all activities and events, plus complimentary lodging, breakfasts and dinners at restaurants anxious to show off their food finesse.
Please respond to Marti Mayne at email@example.com or 207-846-6331. There’s limited availability, so let us know soon!