Mount Washington Observatory Weather Discovery Center
The Mount Washington Observatory Weather Discovery Center is an interactive science museum featuring awesome, hands-on exhibits for kids of all ages! Explore the wonders of our atmosphere through:
- A giant air cannon
- Our life-size, touchable tornado
- A boat pond that lets you control the wind
- Real weather instruments
- A replica of the Observatory's original weather station, where the famous 231 MPH wind was recorded
- A mini weather studio featuring a real green screen and monitor
- A twice-daily live video connection with a meteorologist in our summit weather station
... and much more!
The Weather Discovery Center is also home to The Weather Store, featuring a unique collection of weather instruments, books, educational toys, souvenirs, apparel and more.
Open daily from 10-5
Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Easter
Adults: $2.00; Kids ages 7 & up: $1.00
Kids ages 6 & under: Free
MWO Members: Free
The Weather Discovery Center is operated by Mount Washington Observatory, a nonprofit, member-supported institution with a mission to advance understanding of the natural systems that create Earth's weather and climate. Mount Washington Observatory has been monitoring Mount Washington's famous extremes from its legendary summit weather station since 1932, utilizing its mountaintop post for scientific research and educational outreach.
For more information, including webcams, forecasts, photos, videos, blogs and more, visit MountWashington.org.