See what's new for the 2015-16 ski season in Mt Washington Valley, NH
News from Mt Washington Valley Ski Resorts and XC Centers – Nov 16, 2015
Contact: Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331, firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT’S NEW AT MT WASHINGTON VALLEY SKI RESORTS, 2015-16
North Conway, NH - As we gear up for the next ski season, all eyes are on what’s new for the upcoming winter. From improvements in snowmaking to new events, Mt Washington Valley’s ski resorts and XC Centers are stoked for another great season. With help from Ski NH, our partners in promoting skiing in the Valley and throughout New Hampshire, we’ve compiled a list of what’s new on the Mt Washington Valley ski scene. Be sure to visit www.SkiMWV.com, a one-stop website to access all 13 of Mt Washington Valley’s ski resorts.
Sign up for About The Snow weekly updates on ski conditions. Click here to sign up and indicate joining the About the Snow list.
- Off season capital investments have also been made in base lodge improvements, lift maintenance and snowmaking projects. Attitash received an additional 150 snowmaking guns completing an upgrade initiative begun prior to last season to add a fixed snowmaking gun at every hydrant on every available snowmaking trail. This effort contributes to snowmaking crews being efficient when moving from trail to trail.
- A new Attitash Mountain website launched (attitash.com) featuring responsive design, viewable from any computer, tablet or mobile device allowing users to stay up-to-date with conditions, ticket deals and all the information they need.
- Attitash Grand Summit Hotel improvements including new fitness room equipment upgrades and conference services featuring new Time Warner Cable Business Class Managed WiFi delivering optimum high-speed wireless internet to large groups, conferences and all hotel guests.
- Addition of a new intermediate glade, which has been a favorite off-map destination for skiers and riders for years.
• Improvements to summit chair and snowmaking equipment
• New Competition Center for junior aspiring racers.
• Addition of 15 new HKD SV 10 snowmaking tower guns along the Cascade trail
- For 2016 the weekly event, Cranapalooza, will receive a whole new format. Visitors on Saturday nights will find a DJ in Schneider Square, outdoor games and activities, tubing racing, s’mores, fire dancers, magicians and clowns on select nights.
• Additional new snow guns added to fleet
• Numerous trail improvements throughout the trail network.
• Free XC ski waxing clinics will be available every Saturday at 9:30am throughout the season.
- New trailhead on Valley Cross Road improving access to the Wave (Jackson XC’s international race course), snowshoeing and recreation trails.
- New Events including the Cross Cat Touring Challenge with Wildcat Mountain on February 28, the Baxter Brewing Co. Packed Powder series (Winter Triathlon) January 9 , and NENSA Women’s Day on January 24.
- Greatly expanded opportunities for learning
- Private lessons featuring video analysis of students’ skiing by certified instructors.
- Ski with a Race Coach Adult clinic program.
- Women’s Tuesday Afternoon program. Meet others in a relaxed, women-only setting.
- Private and group lessons for kids as young as 3 are now offered.
- Working in cooperation with the U.S. Forest Service this past summer, three new treeskiing areas have been added to the available glade and treeskiing terrain at Wildcat Mountain. Trail maintenance efforts also include additional directional trail signage.
- Off season capital investments have also been made in base lodge improvements snowmaking (following up last season’s over $2 million investment and largest snowmaking upgrade in Wildcat’s history), and lift maintenance projects.
- A new Wildcat Mountain website (skiwildcat.com) launched featuring responsive design, viewable from any computer, tablet or mobile device allowing users to stay up-to-date with conditions, ticket deals and all the information they need.
To plan the perfect winter getaway, visit www.MtWashingtonValley.org for vacation information including lodging, dining, tax-free shopping and things to do. If you’d rather talk to a vacation concierge, call 1-800-DO-SEE-NH (800-367-3364) to get insider advice. To learn more about New Hampshire vacations, visit www.VisitNH.gov.
# # #
Photo by Ernie Mills, Cranmore snowmaking.