What's Hot for the Holidays for Grandma and Grandpa?
What’s Hot for the Holidays for Grandma and Grandpa
They say they don’t want anything for Christmas except a visit from the grandchildren, but when that’s not possible, a present is the next best thing. What can you get for grandparents who have everything and want nothing but time with you? Here are a few good ideas for gifts you’ll find from Settlers’ Crossing and Settlers’ Green Outlet Village to North Conway Village and Shops at Norcross and Eastern Slope Plaza. We hope this holiday season you’ll shop village to village in tax-free North Conway!
- Rue 21 in Settlers’ Green offers 2-for-$10 wallets, perfect gifts from the grandchildren who don’t have a lot to spend. For $10 get a wallet for each of the grandmothers!
- For seniors who are watching their weight or can’t eat sugar, Bavarian Chocolate Haus, located on White Mountain Highway near North Conway Village, offers a wide selection of sugar-free chocolates. They will also ship to the U.S. and Canada. For those not watching their weight, the made-on-premise truffles and turtles are always a great gift idea too. This is a sweet store to visit and watch candy being made.
- Got a grandfather with a sense of humor? Visit The Rugged Mill in North Conway Village for a full line of Old Guys Rule t-shirts, mugs and gifts. Grandpa will surely get a kick out of any Old Guys Rule gift!
- Zeb’s General Store in North Conway Village offers a wide range of New England made lotions, soaps and hand creams. Their J.R. Watkins line of lotions, liniments, foot creams, hand and cuticle salves will bring back memories for the seniors on your list.
- Grandmothers will get a kick out of the vintage aprons found at the North Conway Five and Dime, with sizes up to XXL. Kitchen Collection in Settlers’ Green also carries many aprons including one that reads “Drink no wine before its time….its time!”
- The Waterford Wedgwood Royal Doulton store carries a full line of beautiful holiday and themed collectors’ figurines. These are a wonderful tradition for grandparents and grandchildren to collect together. You’ll also find beautiful ornaments for Grandma and Grandpa’s tree here too.
- Slippers are always a great idea for Grandparents. You’ll find a full range of Acorn Slippers at Rugged Mill in North Conway, plus many different styles at the Bass Outlet in Settlers’ Green. The Funky Bubble in North Conway Village stocks Snoozies, popular with seniors for their warmth, tread and washability! Look for slippers in shoe stores like Famous Footwear and Bass in Settlers’ Green too. Spruce Hurricane in North Conway Village also carries a gorgeous line of indoor-outdoor clog slippers with unique designs too.
- Crabtree & Evelyn carries a full range of talcum powders and hand therapies, plus gift sets that grandparents might love (with a full line of shaving products for men too). Look for beautiful soaps, lotions, and fragranced products at Fields of Ambrosia BATH-BODY-AROMA and the Funky Bubble too.
- If the grandparents love to travel to come see you, visit Travelpro in Settlers’ Green for unique luggage and traveling gifts. A Travelpro scale might make the perfect gift, so they can easily insure that the suitcase doesn’t exceed the limit. Old Navy in Settlers’ Green stocks a duffel bag that folds into itself. If the grandparents want to shop while they visit, this can be tucked into a suitcase on the way there, and then used to bring home all the gifts they get at the holidays.
- Are grandma and grandpa walkers? If you’re worried about them walking on snow, head to Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) at Settlers’ Crossing for a set of micro spikes – providing traction for your shoes in the winter. These slip-on devices will make walking safe and stable. Then, visit Eddie Bauer, in Settlers’ Green for a full range of fleece pants and tops to stay warm.
- Looking for the perfect sweater, blouse or scarf for grandma? You’ll find everything from Petites to size 24 in Dress Barn and up to size 28 at Lane Bryant, both in Settlers’ Green.
- From very thin to very large, the Beggar’s Pouch, located for 35 years in North Conway Village can create belts of any size right in the store for Grandma or Grandpa.
- For the grandmother who has everything, visit The Penguin Gallery of NH in North Conway Village. If she’s got a sense of humor, the “Bitch Bag” line of powdered drinks are ideal for mothers-in-law who like to entertain (combine with alcohol in the blender for great slushies), And Soyfire Candles make a beautiful gift; give the gift of a taper in a wide range of colors.
- The League of NH Craftsmen and Earth and Fire is located near North Conway Village, and offers a wide range of one-of-a-kind gifts of pottery, glassware, jewelery, and more. Grandmother and Grandfather are sure to love anything from here, and best of all it’s made in New Hampshire. Visit Essence of Art on Kearsarge St in North Conway for handmade tea towels and napkins or special night lights created on site by disabled adults too.
- Don’t miss “It’s My Girlfriends…” Consignment Boutique to the right of the lobby in the Eastern Slope Inn. You just might find that vintage accessory or home furnishing that Grandma will really relate to.