Fryeburg, Oxford County's oldest town, celebrates 250th birthday
Oxford County's oldest town, Fryeburg, Maine, is turning 250 and celebrating with a birthday bash on August 24, 2013.
News from Mt Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce – July 29, 2013
Contact: Donna Woodward, 207 441-8170 or Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331 or PR@mtwashingtonvalley.org
Fryeburg, Oxford County’s oldest town, celebrates 250th Birthday
Fryeburg, ME -- The town of Fryeburg, Oxford County’s oldest township, is celebrating its 250th birthday with a big birthday bash on August 24, 2013. The celebration starts at 9am and goes all day long, concluding with a very special fireworks celebration. There’s something for everyone in the family to enjoy!
Birthday Bash Schedule of Events
9AM - 1PM - Lee & Joan Day Car Show at The Fryeburg Fire Station, a fundraiser to benefit Jen’s Friends Cancer Foundation.
Noon - 5PM – Be sure to enjoy the Allagash Birthday Bash at the Good Beer Store, 285 Main Street, Fryeburg. There will be brewing, tasting, grilling, prizes and giveaways plus fundraising for Miranda Leavitt Diabetes Fund, in honor of Fryeburg’s Miranda Leavitt, who lived her short life to the fullest before losing her life to Juvenile Diabetes complications.
From there, it’s on to the Fryeburg Fair Grounds for a day-long tailgate party including:
- Noon - 3PM - Radio Remote Broadcast from the fairgrounds
- 2:00PM - Cow Patti Plop Game, another fundraiser for the Miranda Leavitt Diabetes Fund
- 3:00PM - Push to Start Band ( AKA the Kelly Karuzis Band)
- 5:00PM - Full Circle Band - (sponsored by Hannaford)
- 9:30PM - Amazing fireworks with special effects for Fryeburg (sponsored by Bea’s Marketplace and Poland Spring).
Throughout the day there’ll be contests, demonstrations, dunk-tank, exhibits, raffles, food & merchant vendors all located at the Fryeburg Fair Grounds, plus:
- A special presentation from the State House (time TBA)
- Meet the descendants of the great Rev. Samuel Souther
- Health/services presentation by Memorial Hospital and Miranda Leavitt Diabetes Fund
- Fryeburg Fish & Game CO2 pellet gun range and class registrations
- New Church Bake Sale and Silent Auction
- Girl Scout food and game booths
A memorable day of fun in Fryeburg is in store as the oldest town in Oxford County celebrates its 250 year legacy. This is a Fryeburg Business Association event. Info: www.fryeburgbusiness.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on combining this event with a Mt Washington Valley getaway, visit www.mtwashingtonvalley.org or call 1-800-DO-SEE-NH (800-367-3364).
# # #