New Improvements and Special Deals at Mt Washington Valley Ski Resorts
This is the year to plan a skiing getaway in Mt Washignton Valley, NH. With 13 ski resorts and XC centers, you'll get more for your money, and spend less time traveling to a new resort each day. Look for special offers from resorts and XC Centers throughout Mt Washington Valley.
Ski Mt. Washington Valley
Contacts: Jesse Mosston, 603-356-3108
Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331
SKI MT. WASHINGTON VALLEY - WHAT'S NEW AND SPECIAL DEALS FOR 2008-2009
The Mt. Washington Valley Presidential Pass
For the first time ever, the Mt Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce will make a limited offering of twenty Presidential Passes for the 2008-09 ski season. Offered on a first-come, first serve basis to the first twenty to reserve, the Presidential Pass means unlimited access to all of Mt. Washington Valley's ski resorts and XC Centers throughout the season for $1500. Pass holders can enjoy skiing with no black out dates throughout the season at seven alpine resorts including Attitash, Black Mountain, Bretton Woods Resort, Cranmore Mountain Resort, King Pine Ski Area, Shawnee Peak and Wildcat Mountain. For those who would like to mix in some cross country skiing or snowshoeing, the pass will be honored every day of the ski season at Bear Notch Ski Touring, Bretton Woods XC, Great Glen Trails, Jackson Ski Touring Foundation, King Pine XC and the Mt. Washington Valley Ski Touring and Snowshoe Center. Reservations for the Presidential Pass will be taken over the phone by calling the Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce at 1-800-DO-SEE-NH (800-367-3364). For more information, visit www.mtwashingtonvalley.org.
Bear Notch Ski Touring Center
Trails: 70+km (60km tracked/skate groomed with access to local lodging/restaurants
Services: cross country ski school, guided tours, retail, ski/snowshoe rentals & demo center
Tickets: Adults $7/$12; Juniors. 8-15 $5/$8; under 7/over 70 Ski FREE
Hours: 8am - 5pm daily
Black Mountain's recently remodeled dining room and pub can accommodate up to 300 guests with an adjacent outdoor deck and spectacular views. The event menus offer affordable options and the location is one-of-a-kind. High above scenic Jackson Village and situated on 144 Acres of countryside, Black Mountain provides the quintessential New England experience.
- Ski free after 2pm with purchase of next day ticket.
- Carroll County Snow Day Ticket: Residents ski for $15.00 on weather related school cancellations.
- Carroll County Sunday Afternoons: Residents ski for $10.00 after 12:30 on Sunday afternoons.
- Everyday discounted rates for seniors, juniors, college students and military.
- Winter Break College Days. Midweek, January 5-15, 2009: Ski and stay packages for college students starting at $89.00 for two. Includes 1 night lodging nearby for two and two all- day passes to ski or ride Black. Slope side lodging package $139.00.
- Black Mondays: Local employees in the hospitality industry ski or ride for $15.00 every non-holiday Monday. Carpool with friends and every 4th person skis/rides free.
- Mid-week Nights (excluding vacation weeks).
$149.00 lodging for two, full country breakfast, 2 all day ski tickets and afternoon refreshments at Whitney's Inn.
- $199.00 lodging for two, full country breakfast, 2 all day ski tickets, lunch for two in the Lostbo Pub, dinner for two in Whitney Inn's Shovel Handle Pub
- Weekend family packages and learn to ski packages also available.
New this season, Bretton Woods' year-round zip line Canopy Tour is a 3.5 hour adventure along a series of zip-line cables, with sky bridges, landing platforms and rappelling stations, that will provide an unforgettable experience of excitement as well as education about the local flora, fauna and history of the White Mountains. Full Canopy Tour cost: Public: $95; Resort Guests: $89, Dual Zip only, Public: $15; Resort Guests: $15. Also scheduled to open in Winter 2008/09 is the new 25,000 square-foot Spa and salon at The Mount Washington Hotel, which will provide a facility to unwind and relax after a day on the slopes. New activities include dog sledding and ski touring clinics and guided tours. A variety of dining, entertainment, programs and events are offered year-round, as well as a convenient resort shuttle service.
Bretton Woods has also invested in the replacement of the entire fleet of rental equipment. In partnership with Elan/Dalbello, the new Four Factor System will be used to provide guests with state-of-the-art equipment and, at the same time, streamline the entire rental process. This means more time on the slopes.
Special Deals and Packages
- The Red Carpet Learn-to-Ski/Ride Package is for new skiers ages 13 and older, and is offered daily at 10 am and 1 pm, plus 11:30 am on weekends and holidays. Includes ski or board rental, a group lesson and unlimited access to the Learning Center Quad for $75.
- Family Interchangeable Tickets - Now Mom and Dad can each go skiing for the price of one. While Dad hangs out with the little ones in the Base Lodge, Mom can take to the slopes. And then when she returns, they can switch off. Mom and Dad may purchase two identical tickets at any ticket window at the single-ticket price. Only one may be used at any given time. Regular full-day daily ticket pricing applies.
- Mother's Day Tuesdays: $115 ($181 value): Includes a lift ticket and all-day Hobbit Ski or Snowboard program or Nursery for one child during non-holiday periods. Add a group lesson for $10.
- Two-For-One Wednesdays: Two ski or ride for $66, plus two take a 90 minute group lesson for only $35 during non-holiday periods.
- Senior Thursdays: $45 ($60 value): The package includes a lift ticket and 90-minute group lesson during non-holiday periods. Age 65+
- Ski & Stay Packages include free skiing for children 12 and under, half price tickets on day of arrival, and free night skiing.
- Kids' Discounts: Children age four & under always ski or ride free with a paying adult.
- Military Rates: Available to active duty and retired military personnel and their dependents with a valid Military ID.
Skiers and riders can look forward to exploring these new trails and glades at Cranmore this winter:
- Oompah Flats: a connector between Artist Falls and the South Slope.
- Roundabout: a short but relatively steep "blue trail" accessed off the South Chair.
- Tommy's Trail: runs from the bottom of the East Slope parallel to Gibson, taking skiers to Beginner's Luck.
- Gibson Chutes: This natural skiing area has multiple entrances off of the Gibson Trail. Features three elatively narrow trails that dovetail down to Tommy's Trail.
- Crantastic New Year's Eve (Wed. Dec 31, 2008)
The whole mountain will be open till midnight for festivities including children's entertainment, live music, and The Chris Fitz Band rocking the Eating House, plus night skiing, tubing, Fun Zone party with a DJ, games, prizes, S'mores, and two fireworks shows at 7:30 pm and midnight.
- The Cranmore Family Fitness Center now features an indoor "Family Fun Zone" with a giant inflatable bouncy house, 65-foot two-person obstacle course and other fun activities for all ages. Also offered will be dodge ball, floor hockey, pre-school nook with games and activities and more.
- The best value of the year will take place on Friday, January 9, 2009, when Cranmore kicks off its Snow Train Weekend with the return of Ticket Roll Back Day, offering a special lift ticket price - only $3.30. That's what skiers were paying back when the Snow Trains first rolled into North Conway, NH
- Cranmore offers a midweek Mon. - Thurs. "2-fer-1" ticket, offering 2 adult lift tickets for the price of a single lift ticket.
- The Cranmore Happy Trails pass provides a full season of skiing starting at just $169 for kids (price valid through 11/30/08).
•· Add-a-Day option for those purchasing a single day lift ticket. When customers present that day's lift ticket at the Ticket Haus before 4 p.m., they can save up to 30% off the next day's lift ticket. This option joins Cranmore's After 2 Tomorrow Too, where skiers purchase a lift ticket or rental package after 2 pm and get all that day and the following day for the price of one day.
- For those who drive a hybrid vehicle, free skiing is offered on two days this winter - Sat. Jan. 24 and March 21, 2009.
- Snow tubing fans can save every non-holiday Thursday night at the Arctic Blast Tubing Park. Download a money-saving coupon on www.cranmore.com for every Tubin' for a Cause event. Each week a different local charity will receive a donation from Cranmore for each coupon redeemed. Or avid tubers can buy a season pass for all ages for only $89 through December 24, 2008, when prices increase to $99, for unlimited tubing all winter long with no blackout dates.
Great Glen Trails
Expanded Snow Tubing: The new snow tubing hill at Great Glen Trails will be approximately three times wider than the old hill and feature a much longer runout. The new snow tubing hill will offer more options for runs and accommodate nearly twice as many snow tubers.
- Snowmaking Expansion: In addition to expanding the snow tubing hill, Great Glen Trails will now feature permanent snowmaking for the hill, ensuring a longer snow tubing season. The snowmaking expansion will also include extending snowmaking to an additional .5km of cross country ski trail.
- New Grooming Machine: Great Glen Trails is adding a new Pisten Bully 100 Nordic-specific grooming machine. This new machine will allow Great Glen Trails to more efficiently provide consistent classic tracks and smoother skate lanes throughout the trail system.
Trails Total Ticket: The "T3" offers complete access to everything available at Great Glen Trails for one discounted price. The T3 includes a trail pass for cross country skiing and snowshoeing; cross country ski and snowshoe rentals; all-day access to the tubing hill, a session on the climbing wall and a tour on the one-of-a-kind SnowCoach up Mt. Washington. Swap your rental skis for snowshoes and back again.
- 2 for 1 Fridays: All season long buy one and get the second free - Trail passes, SnowCoach, snow tubing, rentals, including the Trails Total Ticket. In order to take advantage of 2 for 1 Fridays, you must present a coupon downloaded from GreatGlenTrails.com.
- Free Season Passes for Kids: Great Glen Trails is offering free season passes to children ages 17 and under when that child's parent or guardian purchases a season pass.
New this year is Jackson's "world class" upgrade to the Wave trail area - one of only 5 FIS certified courses in the United States- to meet the highest international standards. Now the Wave is even more of a playground for Nordic skiers. Rentals and lessons are available, while beginners are encouraged to discover the joys of Nordic skiing.
- After 2 p.m. - $12 trail pass or purchase a Go-Ahead pass for $28 which includes skiing the next day too.
- 2-Ski-Away Wednesdays: Two adults ski passes for the price of one (excluding Holidays: 12/31, 2/18 & 2/25
- Super Saver Package: Everything you need to get started cross country skiing. This package includes: A one day equipment rental package, a 1 hour Beginner's Lesson and a one Day Membership which gives you use of all the trails all day for only $42 (save 18%).
- Lodging package information at jacksonxc.org
King Pine Ski Area
Any alpine ski ticket at King Pine allows skiers and riders to XC Ski, Snowshoe and Ice Skate at any point while that ticket is valid.
- Weekend Extender: Add a 3rd night (Thursday or Sunday night) to your weekend stay and receive 50% off that night's regular rate.
- 2-for-1 Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday: Get 2 lift tickets for the price of 1. Offer valid on non-holiday Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and applies to All Day, Best Buy, Twilight and Night tickets.
- The Moonlight Family 4-Pack: Just $45. A family of four can ski or snowboard at King Pine any Saturday night (or any holiday night) under the lights from 4-9 pm, including free family racing (Saturdays only) for only $45!
- Sunday Afternoons: $18 Adults, $12 Juniors - Enjoy discount lift tickets after 12:30 pm on non-holiday Sunday afternoons.
- Multi-Day Tickets: Bring the day's current lift ticket into guest services by 4pm and pay just $32 for the next day of skiing!
- Master the mountain and save! This flexible 3-session package includes 3 all day lift tickets, 3 lessons and 3 days of rentals for just $158 for adults, giving you 2 days of rentals and all 3 lessons FREE!
- Weekender Pass: $78 Adults, $54 Juniors: Purity?Spring Resort guests can buy an alpine ticket valid from 4pm Friday through 4pm Sunday! Only available for guests with advance reservations. Must be reserved with 24-hours notice. Not available during holiday periods.
MWV Ski Touring & Snowshoe Center
Mt. Washington Valley Ski Touring and Snowshoe Center has acquired new machinery this year to complement the capabilities of their groomer that was new last season. This new equipment will allow the center to offer groomed trails in a wider range of conditions with less coverage than ever before and restore trail condition much quicker than ever before. This will also allow for optimum race conditions on trails used in Whitaker Woods for the area cross country team
Town of Conway residents and non-resident taxpayers have FREE access to the trail network with a seasonal membership pass available at the Touring Center. Daily memberships are available at the Touring Center and several trailside locations.
- New Great Room, located slope side, adjacent to the Base Lodge Cafeteria: This 40' x 40' addition features all-glass walls, atrium ceilings, post and beam styling and solar heating will expand seating by 25% and reduce energy consumption.
- 100% High-Efficiency Snow Guns: Use up to 50% less energy while making more snow.
- All-New Ticket Scanning System to get skiers up the mountain faster.
- Expanded Lil' Pine Surface Carpet Lift and the Beginner Area has been expanded by 20%.
- New beginner glades between Evergreen and Easy Turns.
- A new high-efficiency furnace has been installed in the Base Lodge.
- Celebrate 20 Years of Night Skiing at Shawnee Peak with all new night programs, including "Skiing Under the Stars" on January 3, 2009 - ski until 1am.
- Fifteen dollars from each Kids Season Pass sold will be donated to the Maine Children's Cancer Program at Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine. Last year, Shawnee Peak donated $15,000 to the Program.
- 5-Night Ski & Stay packages in the East Slope Condos from just $31.25 per person per night.
- Monday Carload Day: Get to the mountain before 11am and everyone in your vehicle skis (until 9pm) for just $75. All vehicles included, except busses and 15-passenger vans. Valid all non-holiday Mondays. The price is $99 on 12/22/08 and 2/23/09. No discount on 12/29/08, 1/19/09 and 2/16/09.
- Monday Nights: $12 every Monday from 4-9pm. $14 price on 12/29/08 and 2/16/09
- Sunday Afternoon Tickets: $25 for all ages noon-4:30 pm. Not valid on 12/28/08, 1/18/09 and 2/15/09
- Saturday Night Tickets: $13 Every Saturday Night (7-10 pm, including holidays). Add rentals for $15.
- 3-2-1 Snow Fun Program: For people (ages 8 & up) who want to learn to ski or snowboard. $319 includes three days of lessons, rentals and lift tickets and after "graduation"; you receive a full, unlimited season pass. Lessons can be taken everyday of the season.
- Working with the designers and fabricators of Snow Grind, Wildcat Mountain will be able to offer select, well-built elements for the 2008/2009 season including a 16 foot flat rail, a 24 foot flat box, and a 24 foot rainbow box in a newly, relocated Wildcat Jib Lot progressive freestyle terrain area.
- For the 2008/2009 winter season, the ZipRider now has 4 cable lines offering twice the capacity and even more pure vertical fun. As a Northeast winter attraction the overall total cost of this addition to Wildcat Mountain's year-round operations has been over a million dollars.
- Base Lodge Renovations: Wildcat Mountain continues improvements that are not sometimes always noticed, but that are crucial to improving the guest experience. The buildings and grounds crew have been busy with continued maintenance and renovations to the main base lodge including:
- o New carpet throughout second and third floor areas
- o Renovating and constructing upstairs the bar area to be more
- o Interior painting throughout main base lodge
- U.S.F.S Native Vegetation Restoration Project: Wildcat Mountain operates 100% within the White Mountain National Forest under a special use permit. This includes a commitment to operate using sound environmental practices and policies that will sustain the natural resources and continue to provide outdoor recreational experiences that compliment the natural qualities of Wildcat Mountain and its surroundings. This year, Wildcat Mountain will undertake efforts to restore areas of natural vegetation in identified disturbed areas of the Mountain Jag glade by educating our guests of this action and restricting use and access to selected areas. Complimenting the "green" efforts that have taken place previously, including continued energy and water efficiency in base lodge areas and on the mountain, using "Greenwave" environmentally friendly products for food service, and conducting a recent ecological study of current and projected future land use, Wildcat Mountain continues to seek correct sustainability and stewardship of the environment and outdoor recreation in the White Mountains.
- Ski your next day at Wildcat for $39, Adult and Teens.
- Sunday Afternoon Cruise: Ski & ride from Noon until close for $25
- AristoCat Tuesdays: Ages 50+ receive $10 off your lift ticket and a 10 am ski lesson and lunch for FREE. (Non holiday). Cost is $55.
- Two-fer Wednesdays: Two people ski or ride all day for $65 (non holiday) - $32.50 per person.
- Ladies' Thursdays: Ladies receive $10 off lift ticket and a 10 am ski lesson and lunch for free. PLUS 10% off Nursery (reservations required; non-holiday). Cost is $55.
- Birthdays: Ski or ride on your birthday free with valid ID.
- Snowcat Novice Area: Gentle chairlift and slope ideal for learning for $39/day.
- NH College Breakout Pass: Wildcat Mountain has joined forces with New Hampshire ski areas Gunstock Resort and Mount Sunapee to be included in this season's NH College Breakout Pass. Starting at only $239 if purchased before December 24th, 2008 and valid every day for the entire 2008/2009 season, the NH College Breakout pass offers the most accessible big mountain skiing and riding in New England. In addition to Wildcat Mountain offering over 2,100 vertical feet of skiing and riding and a consistently long season, Mount Sunapee (1,510 vertical) and Gunstock (1,400 vertical) are less than two hours from Boston minimizing travel time and expense for college students.
- Online Lodging Package Savings With ARES: In an effort to provide guest pre-purchasing savings and convenience, Wildcat Mountain has become an affiliate of Advanced Reservation Systems, Inc. (ARES) who provides industry leading reservations and ticketing technology to destination marketing organizations, travel marketers and lodging properties. In addition to technology solutions, ARES provides travel product (Wildcat Mountain lift tickets for example) and fulfillment services. These products are sold to the public via the web and through an ARES in-sourced call center. As an affiliate, Wildcat Mountain will be able to offer the ARES online reservation system directly on the Wildcat website for guests to lock-in savings on ski & stay packages and to capitalize on the Mt. Washington Valley's large number of lodging properties.
- Online Ticket Savings With Liftopia: Skiers can visit Liftopia.com and purchase discount tickets for certain dates that have been made available by Wildcat.
# # #